The president of Uganda prohibited private car use .
Points noted from the President's address to the nation on Monday 30.03.2020 at 8PM
1. Nobody to move - even with private cars or boda-bodas from 10:00 pm tonight for 14 days!
2. Shopping malls, arcades closed for 14 days;
3. All Non-food shops or stores not to open for 14 days; Only food shops selling agricultural, veterinary and pharmaceuticals may stay open, but with Social Distancing; Home deliveries could be considered;
4. Supermarkets may stay open but with SOPs observed;
5. Established food markets may stay open - 4 metre distancing must be observed - and the corresponding vendors must not go home for 14 days;
6. Factories must
7. Salons, lodges and hotels closed for 14 days;
8. Government offices to close;
9. Construction sites must be suspended;
10. Essential services - banks, security, garbage collection, petrol stations, may operate; UNRA, Funeral Services, medical;
11. Cargo transport by planes, trucks and motorcycles may continue - planes to have only the crew
12. No more than 5 people gatherings prohibited;
13. From 31 Mar 2020 there will be a curfew throughout Uganda;
14. Private transport may only take persons for medical emergency reasons;
15. Economic interventions being worked on - including utilities, bank loans, etc
16. Government workers may continue but follow SOPs; Families of security officers to avoid moving to barracks;
17. Distribution of food, beans, powdered milk, etc shall be arranged;
18. Opportunistic politicians who want to distribute food must be stopped by police and charged for "attempted murder "!;
19. US$15,000 from a Nigerian sent to H.E. today will be used for vehicles; Chinese in Mbale donated 4 vehicles.